Casa de Trabajo

Sunday, October 29, 2006

First Picture


So...We're going to do a lot of work on the house. A lot of work. However, there are certain parts worth keeping. Like this on the banister.

Pretty neat. Anyone up for refinishing it? We pay well in beer (or coke!) & pizza.

The big challenge is the kitchen. Right now we're using google's SketchUp to look at layouts. I recommend the tool because it's easy to learn and use and gives nice 3D renderings which have allowed us to see what it could look like. More on that later.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Ian,
    Congratulations on the new house! I'll definitely check your blog frequently to keep up to date on the latest happenings at Casa de Trabajo. I look forward to seeing the work you're doing on the house. And if you're planning any really big projects that would involve a good deal of manpower committed over a span of about a weekend, let me know and I'll be glad to make my services available, for a reasonable fee of course (ie: beer, pizza, etc). Congrats and good luck!
    Eric
    (So, does my posting have the distinction of the being the first post on your blog? Cool!)

    By Blogger E, at 11:05 AM  

  • Thanks RDES, I will take you up on the offer...stay tuned for more info!

    By Blogger Ian, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home